Sunday, January 11, 2009

Study Abroad - Mexico City

This afternoon I safely arrived in Mexico City. As we were making our final descent, I was struck by the size of the city and its grandeur. I was expecting a large and vibrant city, but to see it from the window of the airplane reinforced how lucky I was to have the opportunity to study and visit such a city. My excitement for the program has grown further and I intend to fully "throw myself into" the program.

In that regard, I read a book on the airplane entitled "Management in Two Cultures: Bridging the Gap Between U.S. and Mexican Managers," written by Eva S. Kras. The book did a wonderful job of comparing and contrasting the U.S. and Mexican society and business practices. It was very interesting and gave me a great deal of insight. I believe and hope it will prove to be valuable with my interactions with the professors and Mexican classmates, as well as the subject matters we will be covering in the coming week.

I would be remise if I also did not discuss the accommodation and the hospitality that has been afforded to us. We are staying at the the Camino Real Polanco Mexico. It is as nice a hotel as I have seen and provides for all the needs any traveller and/or student could desire. It has a beautiful pool, state-of-the-art health club, and numerous top-rated restaurants, including China Grill, Bice Bistro, and Le Cirque. I have attached a link to the hotel for your review. http://www.caminoreal.com/mexico_i/main.php It really is awesome!

Finally, tomorrow promises to be a very exciting day. I will be sure to post my experiences on this once in a lifetime opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment